How will the repository system be controlled, and who makes decisions? Which shared policies need to be created? How will it be funded?
There are many decisions to be made regarding the overall governance of a shared repository. Having a governance system in place will help define who are the key decision-makers, overall direction, role in the community, and financial considerations.
Here are a few examples of governance strategies employed by Hyku for Consortia:
- Vision, Mission and Values: Hyku for Consortia Vision, Mission and Values
- Business Plan: Business Plan Template
- Partner MOU: Consortial Partner MOU [sample]
- Service Level Agreement: Hyku Commons Service Level Agreement *[sample in progress]
- Grant Funding: IMLS Grant National Leadership Grants for Libraries: Hyku for Consortia: Removing Barriers to Adoption (includes narrative, timeline, and digital product info)
- Community Governance: Samvera Governance and Philosophy
*Items marked "sample" may not be in current use by Hyku for Consortia